Fabulous Flamingos By Sunny Studio Stamps

Hello Crafty Friends! Summer is here and I'm happy to be back on the blog sharing two cards featuring Sunny Studio's Fabulous Flamingos Stamps (https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/fabulous-flamingos-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=1fdd6f554&_ss=r) . This stamp set is super cute and perfect to give your cards and crafty projects all the tropical summer time vibes! 

My first card features two adorable flamingo friends in a moonlit setting surrounded by lush green tropical foliage created using the Botanical Backdrop Die ( https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/botanical-backdrop-die?_pos=1&_sid=f7ed2e9d0&_ss=r ). To create this card, I started by die cutting an A2 sized card base from 110 lb. heavyweight cardstock paper. Then taking an A2 sized teal colored cardstock paper, I ink- blended the edges with Distress Ink in the colors Uncharted Mariner and Chipped Sapphire. After letting the inked edges dry, I used a sun rays stencil to create the moonlight with white Distress Ink in the color Picket Fence. I also added some white paint splatters to mimic tiny stars. I then attached the teal paper to my card base panel using tape adhesive. 


Next, I stamped my images onto watercolor paper using Distress Ink in the color Antique Linen and colored my images using Faber- Castell WaterColor Pencils. I cut out the images using the Fabulous Flamingos Dies (https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/fabulous-flamingos-dies?_pos=2&_sid=e53f3cd00&_ss=r ). To create the frame, I die cut two botanical frames out of Bristol Smooth cardstock paper. I ink blended the frames using a combination Sour Apple and Field Day Dye Ink From My Favorite Things. I cut out the vines from one of the frames and added it to my main frame to create a lush and full look. I cut a portion of an A2 sized Vellum paper and die cut the top using a waves die. I ink blended the edges with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink to mimic water. I then attached the vellum to the botanical frame using tape adhesive and lined the edges of my frame with skinny foam tape adding dimension to the scene. I attached the frame to the card base and also added the two flamingos to the card placing their feet behind the vellum so it looks like they are in the water. I heat embossed my sentiment onto thick black cardstock and cut it out using a banner die.  Finally, I added some Mix Red Heart Drops ( https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/red-heart-mix-drops?_pos=1&_sid=6126c74e9&_ss=r ) for a cute finishing touch! 

My next card is a very tropical pop- up birthday box card. I used the Scalloped Box Card Pop-up Die from Lawn Fawn. I also used tropical elements like the palm trees, flying birds, and clouds from Sunny's Tropical Trees Background Die (https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/tropical-trees-backdrop-die?_pos=6&_sid=601f7c489&_ss=r ). To start, I stamped all my images with Antique Linen Distress Ink onto watercolor paper and used watercolor pencils to color them all. I then die cut all the flamingos using their corresponding dies. I die cut all the box card components from bristol smooth cardstock. For the outside of the box, I inkblened everything in a beautiful purple shade with Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves. For the background I used Seedless Preserves and blended it into the lovely bright orange Dried Marigold Distress Ink to create a tropical sunset. I then die cut the clouds and lightly inked the bottom edges with Seedless Preserves . I cut the flying birds from black cardstock paper. I inked the palm trees using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide for the base and Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness for the Tops. For the inside box panels, I used a combination of Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink and Vintage Photo Oxide Ink to create the sand mounds.  Vellum Paper was perfect for creating waves. I inked the vellum using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink, and a white gel pen to create some texture.  

For the outside panels, I used a pretty orange striped pattern paper from Sunny Studio's Dots & Stripes Pastel Paper (https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/dots-stripes-pastels-paper?_pos=1&_sid=18e2b3f55&_ss=r ). I also used the super fun Loopy Letters Dies (https://sunnystudiostamps.com/products/loopy-letters-dies?_pos=1&_sid=d320ef4de&_ss=r ) to create my punny Birday Sentiment. I didn't have room to spell out Bird-Day, so I had to shorten it. For the rest of my sentiment, I used VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and stamped them on some pink cardstock and cut them out using basic banner dies. I assembled my box card using double sided tape adhesive and liquid glue and presto, my super cute Summer Birthday Card is finished! 

Thank you so much for joining me today! I really loved creating with this stamp set! These flamingos are just irresistibly cute and so fun to color and best of all they are pink! 


Comments

Popular Posts