Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games



Hello Crafty Friends! 


      I am very happy to be back on the blog to share a new Holiday inspiration card with you featuring the recently released Reindeer Games Stamps  .
Reindeers are some of my favorite images to color and create with during the holidays so I was very excited to make a card with this adorable stamp set! 
   
The first thing I do before anything when cardmaking is to prepare my base and my background panels. I cut out my A2 sized base panel from 110 lb Sturdy Neenah solar white cardstock paper so that I never have a problem with my cards warping. Using a slightly smaller die from a nesting A2 die set, I cut out my background panel using bristol smooth white cardstock for easy ink blending. 

    I then prepared my background panel using the Sunny Studio Stamps Forest Trees Stencils . This layering stencil set creates such a beautiful background of lush pine trees that look like they fade out with the distance depending on how light or dark you go with your inking. I also love that these stencils are numbered so you know the order in which to use them when inking. For my tree stencils, I used Distress Inks. For layer number 1, I used a very light hand with the color Evergreen Bough, for the 2nd layer of trees, I used the same ink color and applied it with a bit more pressure to get a darker shade. For my 3rd layer, I used a combination of Evergreen Bough, Rustic Wilderness, and Uncharted Mariner Distress Inks for the darkest shade of all the layers. 

     After my trees were finished, I inked around my entire card background with Evergreen Bough and then for the top of my card, I inked a darker shade of Uncharted Mariner and Chipped Sapphire to create a night sky. I then used some water splatters and watered down acrylic paint to create a snowy backdrop. 
      




   I stamped the reindeer images using antique Linen on watercolor paper, and used water color pencils to color my images. I did some white detailing using a white gel pen. I then cut my images using the Reindeer Games Corresponding dies  . I positioned my reindeers and adhered them all down using double sided tape adhesive. Flying Rudolph was adhered using double sided foam strips for dimension. I also gave Rudolph a bright shiny blinged out nose using the Sunny Studio Stamps Red Zircon Jewels . I find adding the one single red gem embellishment so charming, perfect for Santa's favorite reindeer.  I didn't want to leave the inside of my card blank so I added a reindeer wishing everyone a Happy Holidays with the sentiments from the stamp set placed in a word bubble stamped in Candied Apple Distress Ink. 
   


 I am so so happy with how my card turned out! Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and I hope it gives you some ideas for all your upcoming Christmas Cardmaking and crafting! Until next week, Have an Awesome Day or Night! and as always, Happy Crafting!!! 


Comments

Popular Posts