Sunny Studio Stamp : Dashing Dachshund

Hello Crafty Friends!!


Marie here back to share another Holiday Card Inspiration featuring the cutest mini stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps called Dashing Dachshund
 . This mini set is available now through November 28th when you purchase $45 or more and if you spend $75 or more you will receive the stamp Set as well as the corresponding dies! This is such a delightful mini set that's perfect to mix and match with other sets! 
        
 As a dog person, I couldn't wait to color this little dachshund and put him in a night time scene where he is flying to chase a special holiday candy cane treat from Santa. All good boys get treats everyday and especially Christmas! 


 To create this card, I started by die cutting 2 panels from 110lb Neenah Solar White Cardstock. I also cut two more A2 sized  panels of pattern paper from Sunny's Joyful Holiday 6x6 Cardstock . 
 I also used the Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 Paper  . The papers used are both grey tones with white print and go so well with my theme! After cutting, I adhered each pattern paper panel to the white cardstock. I then inked the edges of both panels using Distress Oxide in Speckled Egg and Chipped Sapphire. 
      I then die cut a dome shape and used a cloud stencil to create my night sky background. I inked my could stencil using Distress Oxide inks in the Color Speckled Egg, Uncharted Mariner, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot for that super dark edge. I then cut out a dome frame using 2 dome dies. I also die cut some glitter snowflakes to frame the outside of the dome. 
      I stamped out my daschund image using Distress ink in Antique Linen onto watercolor paper. I colored him using Derwent Inktense water soluble pencils. I used the candy cane element from the Penguin Party stamp set  and cut it with  the Penguin Party Dies . I cut out the rest of my images using Dashing Dachshund Dies. I placed my dachshund in the middle of my card in a flying position so it looks like he's chasing after his candy cane. I glued down my images using adhesive foam strips. I adhered my snowflakes using bearly art precision craft glue. 
 

 Moving on to the inside of my card, I used the Holiday Greetings Stamp
 to stamp out the "Merry Christmas Sentiment" using Candied Apple Distress Ink. I then used the Holiday Greetings Dies  to perfectly cut out my sentiment! I also used sentiments from Penguin Party  to finish off my inside greetings. As a finishing touch, I added stars to the front of my card using a white Sakura Gel Pen. 


That does it for my card inspiration! Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you all have a very Happy and Memorable Thanksgiving!!! Until next week, Happy Cardcrafting!! 


Comments

Popular Posts